Today has been an interesting one. After a 'pep talk' from a fellow member of the 2mmSA Oxford Group with regards to my 3D printed wheel centers I then realised that I had enough bits to make a set of replacement wheels for a Graham Farish Pannier Tank. Below is what I managed to achieve in about 5 hours today...
- A Graham Farish Pannier Tank Engine
- Some 1.5mm steel rod
- A couple of etched coupling rods from the 2mmSA (3-205)
- 6 x 3D printed spoked wheel centers.
- 6 x 9mm Steel wheel rims (courtesy of the 2mmSA)
- 6 x 2mmSA Crankpins (I used 3-106 but 3-107 would be better (I didnt have any!))
Im going to mention the gear now too. I 'salvaged' it from the original wheels as I didnt have an alternative but then found out that it had a bore of 1.6mm! Im not going into too much detail about how I got it to fit the axle (it was a bit of a cobble!) but it was pressed onto the axle of one wheelset before the second wheel was fitted in much the same way.
Fitted into the chassis they look like this...