Sunday 19 October 2014

Aiming for some Atmosphere Part 3

Hello Again :o)

I have had one of those weekends. You know the ones where you spend virtually the entire weekend sitting around pondering things, doing household chores, and generally avoiding the modelling bench. All until Sunday afternoon when you try and cram everything you wanted to get done into a short time before the weekly grind of work comes around. Sometimes things work out, fortunately it feels things worked out for me...
The ends have been bugging me, its the thing that has held this engine shed up a bit. I have been trying to work out how to add the windows and also how the middle beam bit fitted together. I made a start using photos and things as a guide and its looks reasonable alright to me. What do you guys think? There is obviously still lots of work to do.
I have also tried to finish off the floor / ground bit and today I spent a bit of time with some filler and paint and above is the result. This is classic me, throw all sorts of different paints at something until it looks about right to me. I could never repeat exactly the method but it did start out with some suede effect paint, then the fun started! I am happy with the result, especially as it was semi-rushed and total guesswork really.

Finally, as with the previous posts, below are a couple I took (with the camera on my phone) t remind myself why I am dong this...




Julia :o)







19 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good to me Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, this is showing some great potential so far, look forward to seeing the completed shed and some atmospheric pictures.
    Steve T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve.

    Thanks for the comment, Im looking forward to taking more pictures of some brilliantly weathered engines sometime in the near future :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,

    I never knew you had a blog until today and have spent the best part of the afternoon catching up on your wonderful modelling.

    The shed is looking damn good from where I'm sitting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geoff.

      Thank you. I am trying to keep it updated regularly so now you know its here you can keep an ey on me again. Are you posting anywhere these days? The last I saw, you were breaking the layout up or something?

      Delete
    2. I will certainly be keeping my eye on you Julia or should I say your modelling :)
      I've really missed my 'Highclere' fix and all those interesting projects and post.

      Penhydd was broken up but the baseboards are now under my new layout Llangunllo.
      http://radnorailways.blogspot.co.uk/ Same mid Wales theme but a through station this time.

      I'm another who got sick and tired of a certain place so jumped ship, set my own up my own blog and have never looked back.

      Delete
    3. Thanks again Geoff. I have added your blog to the list of blogs on the right (I hope you dont mind?) I always like seeing your work, it really is amazing and its good to see things are still happening too.

      Delete
    4. Thank you Julia,
      Of course I don't mind you adding my blog to your list, I did the same with yours yesterday:-) Its good to have easy access to so many interesting sites and the more the merrier:-)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :-) sorry momentary meltdown with my post. Got 2 accounts coming up for some reason - I'm the oswestry works post as well! Sorry for the confusion.

      Delete
    2. Ahhh that makes sense now! No problem, thanks for the post :o)

      Delete
  6. Hi Julia, I just found your blog today linked from Albion Yard. Looks great what you've achieved so far, the light through the vents looks just right. I'm a big fan of interior scenes and I look forward to seeing this develop :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      Thanks goes to PMP for the link once again. Its good that there are some people out there who are interested in what I am upto. As PMP said, its a bit outside the normal stuff I make so it will be interesting to see how it develops. Its nice to get comments like yours though as they are reassuring I am heading in the right direction so thank you.

      Delete
  7. Hi Julia.

    Looking good, I like the oily effect around the rails!

    Tom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom o)

      I am particuarly pleased with the way the oily bits have come out. Thats something else I have learnt now and I need to work out how to use it on Highclere.

      Julia :o)

      Delete
  8. Hi Julia, you've gone all quiet, I hope modelling is progressing OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mikkel.

      I know it might look like I have vanished but I am still here. Apologies for not posting anything recently but I dont really think I have much to post about. I have been working on a few things though.

      Thanks.

      Julia.

      Delete